Rize is a boutique real estate developer focused on large scale, design forward, commercial and residential communities. With over 25 years of experience, we create unique, meaningful and inspiring places to live, work and learn throughout Metro Vancouver. We are growing and continually searching for the right people to join our Team.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors. The successful candidate will ensures construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
Rize is a dynamic work environment with an entrepreneurial culture that is high performing yet relaxed. It is a place where suits are rare and working smart is the norm. Each project we undertake has an underlying uniqueness that forms a fundamental part of our DNA, and we take great pride building communities which are functional, beautiful and accessible.
This role will:
- Develop and deliver service standards to suppliers, contractors and consultants
- Assist in managing on-site construction activities
- Facilitate individual purchaser/tenant improvement requests
- Assist the project manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day-to-day duties of a projects administration.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions
- Act as Liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information
- Maintain accurate up to date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.) track responses and advise the Project Manager and Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change request to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedure, including tracking and creating RFI’s transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements and maintain project expediting list
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- A four (4) year Engineering degree equivalent or combinations of technical training plus a minimum of 2 years construction experience
- 5 years relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building material and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Proficiency in computer systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization and organization skills
- To thrive within the Rize Team, applicants should be self-confident, open-minded, hard working and good humoured.