Rize is a boutique real estate developer focused on large scale, design forward, commercial and residential communities. With over 25 years of experience, we create unique, meaningful and inspiring places to live, work and learn throughout Metro Vancouver. We are growing and continually searching for the right people to join our Team.
The Site Superintendent is responsible for providing support and leadership with a strong focus on expediting the construction processes through the development of a timely and effective site program to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are achieved. Duties include plan and specification reviews, construction schedules and site management plans, coordination of Trade Contractor schedules and tasks, quality control for in-suite finishes and upgrades as well as construction inspections and deficiency rectification programs.
Rize is a dynamic work environment with an entrepreneurial culture that is high performing yet relaxed. It is a place where suits are rare and working smart is the norm. Each project we undertake has an underlying uniqueness that forms a fundamental part of our DNA, and we take great pride building communities which are functional, beautiful and accessible.
This role will:
- Systematically pre-plan the execution of the project to enable the work to be done in an efficient, coordinated and cost effective manner
- Assists in the development of contract scope of work.
- Provides leadership to all parties working on the site, displaying a high level of honesty and professionalism
- Motivates Rize's field forces and all sub trades to complete their portion of the work safely, on-time and to an acceptable Rize standard of quality
- Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings
- Conduct due diligence inspections and oversee site activities to maintain a safe workplace atmosphere that meets environmental and safety regulations
- To ensure that all trades follow through with responsibilities.
- Ensure after-hours and weekend security is in place.
- Ordering of all construction related materials and/or services in conjunction with approved contracts and/or customer extras and upgrades.
- Coordination off all onsite activity in accordance to approved schedules
- Maintain a clean and organized site note limited to both interior and exterior of homes but also the community.
- Oversee Health and Safety inspections, documentation and discipline in conjunction with current policies and procedures
- Inter-divisional liaison to ensure a harmonious project.
- Co-ordinate, execute and receive all required inspections and approvals required by governing authorities.
- Review accuracy of all architectural and shop drawings.
- Review safety reports
- Advises the Sr. Project Manager of anticipated problem areas, and initiates required corrective action
- 6-7 years in supervisory/managerial capacity
- 10+ years’ experience in concrete high rise Projects
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook
- First Aid, WHMIS
- Knowledge of AutoCAD considered an asset
- Gold Seal considered an asset
- Sound knowledge of construction
- Ability to read blueprint plans
- An excellent customer service focus is required, as are strong interpersonal and communication skills
- To thrive within the Rize Team, applicants should be self-confident, open-minded, hard working and good humoured