Rize is a boutique real estate developer focused on large scale, design forward, commercial and residential communities. With over 25 years of experience, we create unique, meaningful and inspiring places to live, work and learn throughout Metro Vancouver. We are growing and continually searching for the right people to join our Team.
Rize is a dynamic work environment with an entrepreneurial culture that is high performing yet relaxed. It is a place where suits are rare and working smart is the norm. Each project we undertake has an underlying uniqueness that forms a fundamental part of our DNA, and we take great pride building communities which are functional, beautiful and accessible.
The primary mandate of the Construction Safety Officer (CSO) is to represent our safety culture and to manage and enforce all aspects of the site-specific policies, procedures to ensure all legislative and contractual requirements are being met.
We offer a rewarding team focused environment with a competitive compensation package and support for continual professional development and growth opportunities within the company.
- Liaise with project staff to verify that safe systems for the work / tasks are in operation and that all legislative and contractual environmental and safety requirements are being observed and adhered to.
- Conduct regular site inspections and internal audits to examine site activities and confirm processes are in compliance with legislative and contractual environmental and safety requirements. Ensure corrective and preventive actions are established and implemented.
- Review the overall safety and environmental performance of subcontractors and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that an emergency plan is developed, implemented, maintained and reviewed.
- Ensure the impacts and risks related to health, safety and environment for projects are anticipated and controlled.
- Ensure the services provided to the clients meet their expectations while complying with the standards and legislative requirements regarding health, safety and environment.
- Participate in all JHSC meetings and assist with follow-up and corrective actions, reporting & effective communication.
- Conduct and/or participate in daily safety meetings.
- Fall protection equipment inspection and monitoring.
- Administering first aid services when necessary.
- Liaise with Corporate Safety Officer on a weekly basis ensuring all documentation and processes are meeting compliance within Company and Regulatory Policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Construction Environment.
- Solid knowledge of WorkSafeBC and it’s partners.
- Experience with the COR™ process.
- Must be registered with ASTTBC
- Knowledge and practical experience in incident investigation.
- Demonstrated experience creating EHS Programs, policies and procedures, and the ability to evaluate and improve processes and safe work procedures.
- Experience delivering safety orientations and tool-box talks to individuals & groups.
- Proven ability to design, implement and evaluate EHS programs & policies and enforce standards and procedures.
- Solid documentation, report and presentation writing skills; EHS programs, procedures, policies, inspection reports, meeting minutes etc.
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Ability to foster strong client relationship building skills.
- Strong independent work ethic with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines and communicate effectively with internal teams.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Education / Certifications / Licence:
- CSO Designation is required
- Minimum of Occupational First Aid Level 2 required
- Fall Protection Certification
- Confined Space Entry/Monitoring Certification
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point
- Salary to be determined based on skills and experience